World leader in Regenerative Medicine with Cultured Mesenchymal Stem Cells.
ITRT is the sole center to have clinically proven that tissues such as
cartilage, tendon, bone, glands and spinal discs can be regenerated.
Over the last 20 years, clinical trials we have developed have provided scientific evidence of effectiveness in regeneration with cultured stem cells worldwide.
Our regenerative medicine restores damaged tissue in a similar way to the human body.
Regenerative Medicine Treatments
There are two types of stem cell treatments: those involving a 3 weeks culturing procedure of Stem Cells and those entailing a process performed in a single session that neither activate nor grow the stem cells.
While the treatments with Cultured Stem Cells are endorsed by the health authorities and need a few weeks to grow the cells until they reach a number of millions of units, this is not the case for other treatments.
Legislation is required to differentiate the real stem cells treatments from those which just contain “some” stem cells and are not supervised by the authorities.
Tissue regeneration can only be achieved with a certain volume of stem cells. The only way to achieve it is to send the cells to the laboratory to obtain millions of units.
The clinical trials carried out have shown the therapy is permanent. Tissue begins to regenerate from the very first moment and continues to do so, totally naturally, in successive years.
Unlike other treatments, is the only one that has the approval of the health authorities, who follow closely and approve each individual case.
NON-CULTURED STEM CELL TREATMENTS
These treatments are performed in a single session, blood or fat is taken from the patient and afterwards is centrifuged and reimplanted in the lesion.
Although it contains some stem cells, in clinical trials they have never been proven to have a regenerative effect.
STROMAL VASCULAR FRACTION (SVF)
These treatments include SVF, which entails extracting fat from the patient and thereafter reimplanting it in the same session.
Although it encourages circulation and healing, studies have confirmed that the amount of stem cells it includes is small (1% to 8%), while the remaining 92% are lymphocytes and other cells.
Besides that minimal effect, abdominal fat removal causes large bruises and pain in patients for weeks.
COMPLETELY SAFE TREATMENT
At ITRT we have established new evidence worldwide for the regeneration of tissue, cartilage, tendon, bone and intervertebral disc. Our therapies meet all safety and regulatory requirements established by the competent international health authorities, which therefore accredit our institute to use these treatments in healing.
Regular questions regarding Regenerative Medicine
It is a group of cells that give rise to other tissues and that recently, thanks to the clinical trials carried out by ITRT, it has been shown that they have the ability to regenerate tissues damaged by trauma, aging and tear.
The sources for obtaining mesenchymal stem cells are diverse, they can be obtained from bone marrow (iliac crest bone), adipose tissue (vasculo stromal fraction) or blood. In ITRT we prefer to obtain it from bone marrow because clinical practice and studies have shown that they have a higher degree of activation, while the ones coming from others sources are usually found in a certain state of lethargy.
The amount of stem cells obtained from adipose tissue, in the technique called Stromal Vascular Fracture (SVF) is very small and shows the same cell viability as in other treatments, this is a false statement that is common to find. Actually, the amount of stem cells we can get from an adult body is small.
The treatments can be basically divided into two types: those that are carried out in the same session and that have a temporary effect and those that require a culturing in the laboratory and that show permanent activity. The culturing multiplies the number of cells to reach millions of units and allows a natural regeneration of the body’s tissues.
Stem cells are scarce and difficult to extract from the body, culturing them in the laboratory allows us to multiply the number of stem cells to even exceed 250 million units. Culturing is carried out in an external laboratory for a few days, to be infused in a second intervention a few weeks later. At ITRT we have implanted from 20 to 160 million stem cells in a single intervention.
The treatment involves two interventions, a first to extract the stem cells and a second to reimplant them in the body. Both interventions are brief, painless and patient leaving the center by their own feet.
However, the latest evidence has shown that the use of cultured allogeneic stem cells (those coming from other patients) are just as effective and do not generate any kind of rejection. The fact of undergoing through a culturing makes it suitable for other patients, showing the same effectiveness.